Only item(s) in stock.
From time to time.
You may receive messages or emails from members that you don’t want
or seem improper. (You can block these members in your “User Control Panel”).
These emails or messages may come, in the form of questions about
your item or offers to buy your item.
These messages or emails often times, will make you feel uneasy or
sound too good to be true. If something makes you feel uneasy or makes
you question it. (Maybe a feeling in your head or stomach), then you’re
Some of these Scams will contain certain Clues.
• They may be from out of the country.
• They may tell you that they are out on an Oil Rig or on a Ship out at sea.
• They usually use poor gramma and spell their words phonetically.
(You can easily detect that their first language isn’t English).
• They may offer to have the item picked up by a third party or have you
ship it to a third party.
Other Clues will be in the forms of their Payment.
• They will offer you more money for your item than you’re asking.
• They will offer over payment or ask you for money back from their check.
• They will want to pay with Cashier’s checks, Non USPS money orders, Western Union, or Money Grams.
• NEVER ship an item until you’re 100% sure that you have the payment.
Here is an excellent link to view all types and examples of online Auction Fraud.
This site is provided by the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center.
Internet Crime Schemes.
There are unsavory people in the world, who will try to take advantage of
the rest of us. They want to rob us. Steal from us. They want to SCAM us.
That’s why we all call them SCAMS and scammers.
If you detect a Scam or have been Scammed, please report it to the proper
Law enforcement agencies and Contact Bidfest. Don’t just ignore it. You will
be helping yourself and others in the future. We need to try and eliminate as
many of these Scammers as possible!
Law Enforcement contacts:
• Internet Fraud Complaint Center
• FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
• FTC Video: How to report scams to the FTC
• FBI Cyber Crimes
• Consumer Sentinel/Military (for Military members and their families)
• SIIA Software and Content Piracy reporting
We at Bidfest® hope that this site has been helpful to you.
We sincerely hope that your Buying and Selling experiences are fun and safe.